Thursday, January 31, 2008

Family... Do you have one as I do?


Mine is a very small family, just over a billion ;-).... Wouldn't it be nice if we all in India think the same?

BILLION? screams my mom...issssttttt, she just bowled my head wicket with a tomato bouncer...... ok..ok.. calm down Sachu, I will stop the philosophy here... else I might not bat again ;-).

Yes, billion... if you think that I am joking, you are wrong. We are just 29, but I see a billion kilos of love, billion characters, billion expressions, billion behaviours, billion cherishing moments...
....and ofcourse billion problems (aha, surprise me by saying it is news ;-)).

Traditional and bald Grand parents...
Loving and Cribbing parents...
Witty and Serious uncles...
Traditional and Modern aunts...
BIG & small brother...
Innocent and smart sisters...
Calm and Wild cousins...
not the least... Tons of Bags of Love... ;-)

Yeah... that is what our family is all about...

We are an amazing little mob of characters roped with each other in...
Sharing toothpaste, soap, shirt and blanket...
Craving for one another's chocos...
Fighting for next plate's chicken...
Stealing eggs when the next seater is looking away...
Hiding towels and clothes and teasing the half naked...
Watering the face when in deep sleep...
Making a lap seat when there is no place to sit...
Putting our arms around and being there for each other...
Sharing a great laugh... Singing and dancing...
Borrowing money... Locking each other in the toilets...
Causing pain and calming down instantly...
Undressing boys while swimming...
Playing funny card games...
Whiskying our dads and uncles when Grandpa is away...
Screaming out loud to say Pongal-o-Pongal...
loving, laughing, defending and... sad when we all shoot out in our own ways.

Everyone is unique, Everyone is caring, Everyone is loveable... hence Everyone is not together ;-). Yeah, we are not a joint family anymore...

"I know many of us want to press the "Joint Family" button if the access is given...;-). Keep the desire burning guys, that is an one another nerve ties us all together".

in my life...most of my greatest and the happiest moments were...

not when I topped the college...
not when I got my first job...
not when I flew abroad...
not when I earned more money...

it was... when I was with my family. I cherish every milli second of those moments. I must thank God, for not trusting my choice and gifting me a great family like a diamond ;-).

"Maybe the flesh and blood makes us relatives, but only our heart makes us a family".

Corners of the Diamond :
Senniappan, Masiniammal, Rangasamy, Rajamani, Kumaresan, Natrajan, Thilagam, Panneer, Nagaraj, Thangaraj, Thangavelu, Saraswathi, Rathna, Laxmi, Easwari, Padmavathi, Karikalan, Chakravarthi, Laxmi Bharathi, Ilavarasi, Tamilarasi, Stalin, Ilakiya, Malar, Priya, Nagendran, Vignesh.

I counted 29 at the beginning... did I get it wrong?... naah!... Tamil and Stalin scored 2 each.. ha ha ;-).

Do you have a family as I do? if so, write here about it and never forget to share your interesting moments ;-).

WATCH OUT FOR THE POSTS ON EACH CORNER OF OUR DIAMOND FAMILY.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no metaphor for a family. You don't realize it? Try staying away from them for a while..

Yes, You do need the diamond. It has its flaws, but it is yours.

Anonymous said...

agree with the Diamond metaphor. They are precious so is the family.

Anonymous said...

whatever, corners make diamonds look cool. but they can equally cut through anything. got to be careful in handling he!?!?!?!?!

Unknown said...

What I say, I was really enjoyed with your family and lots of fun.
I felt very happy and accompanied of your family. I said really thanks to Tamil.Each and every moment i enjoyed.
"Nice people are best
Part Of Our memories
that Time can never Erase
You are indeed Special
to be remembered always"

Continue your thoughts...

Anonymous said...

Well ..
Family is precious ,preserve it !!

Kari , you have got a good writing style ..i didnt know that all these years ..wonderful ..

Meena M said...

Nice writing Kari..enjoyed reading it. Will pen down my comments after some thinking ;-)

Raju Subramaniam said...

It is fun, frolic, feast and 'diamond' only when it is an occasional 'family joining'. Not in a Joint family.

"I know many of us want to press the "Joint Family" button if the access is given...;-). Keep the desire burning guys, that is an one another nerve ties us all together".

=> Remember Samsaram Athu Minsaram Climax scene - Lakshmi's dialogue.

Karikalan said...

Thanks Raju, yes, "Samsaaram athu Minsaram" was a good movie... but have you seen the recent one "Samsaaram athu sema kaaaram" ;-).

Yes, Joint family requires a greater level of maturity in the family members to run it successfully. Mostly it fails when everyone tries to sit in the "In-Charge" chair.

Lavanya said...

Yes Kari I agree with you buddy. After marriage i come across a big obstacle affecting by brain stroke(left side paralysed) in the year 2012. My family took care of me as a kid as they didi when I was an year old. My family is my strength. Now Iam again back to work with lot more enerfy & confidence because of my family :) Proud to say this.

Karikalan said...

@Lavanya, yes, I know your tough times. Glad that you are back in form. I am proud of your family too. All the best Lavs, take care.