Friday, October 9, 2009

The Fractured Match

August 18th 2009, 5:30 am.

Wake him up! Wake him up! it is getting late, his friends might be waiting. He alarmed his wife.

Let him sleep for a while, he came late last night from work and it is just 5:30 am. His wife replied.

30 mins later.

Ey, wake him up! it is late. You are spoiling him with so much care, he needs to learn to get up early. Wake him up, otherwise he is going to be very late. It is already late enough, come on, wake him up. He yelled at his wife again.

vrrrruuuuuummmmmmm!! their car was ignited outside their house. virrurruuummmm!! they heard the rise of the engine louder again. The couple was not sure who is in the car. His wife thought, it was their son who is already leaving, but he thought otherwise, since he was confident that his son is a lazy bumb and won't get up that early from bed ;-), so he came running to see who is in the car, but they could only see the half torn soul of their son's shoe on the floor after the car's smoke cleared off.

I was driving the car in a high speed (only because, it was early morning and no one was on the road), to attend the morning session started for a cause, with passion, with hopes, with dreams. It was going on for past 2 weeks, and all this is for the D-Day, which was just 3 days away.

Yes, the CRICKET match ;-).

It was scheduled between mine and an another company in Coimbatore. My team is very skilled, however they needed lots of practice to get back to their form. We had chosen the captain and coaches in a democratic way (my guys might disagree ;-)), since we took this match seriously. The opponents were very skilled and threatened us with their class performance in the friendly warm up game played a week ago.

I reached the ground, joined the team in the warm up session. I started to give instructions to the team to warm up and keep fit in the practice session, since the team cannot afford any injuries (we were already less in numbers). So I was very cautious about the health and fitness of the team in the practice session. Yes, I have been appointed as a coach.

Where is Gopi and Boopi? I asked Nissar.

Nissar is our captain cum batting coach, who was not very fit on that day, he was running a fever, maybe he wanted to dodge the warm up session? ;-). Gopi is our fielding coach.

They are sleeping, they won't make it. Nissar answered.

Whhoops, what a let down after all these build up ;-). I said we are already less in numbers. Oh! probably Gopi and Boopi thought, staying in bed is the best way to stay out of injuries ;-). Whhooa! great idea, but what about the practice? hmmm, I think bed is their ground where they will practice, since they are good enough to play bed games (Strictly no naughty thoughts ;-)).

Warm up done, practice started. I was bowling for Chakku. Nissar, Sujai and Dilip were fielding. 2 overs done, it was Nissar's turn to bat. I got a call from my aunt (who was aggressively searching a girl for me after I gave a go ahead for the marriage), after 2 minutes the practice resumed. Everything was going smooth, everyone were involved, everyone were focusing on the practice, everyone were enjoying...

....until that incident happened, yes the incident which shattered our dreams, the incident which shocked everyone, the incident which canceled the scheduled match, the incident which costed the unaffordable.

I ran to cover Sujai, who was fielding Nissar's drive towards mid off; The ball was heading very slowly to the boundary; I did not expect Sujai to miss it; so I slowed down, but I was wrong, Sujai missed it; I picked up the speed again to block the ball; My focus was only on the ball; I ran faster; I did not see the surprise hump on the floor; I stepped on it... the next thing I knew was... I was in the air and landing towards the ground at 68 kg per feet; I tried to position myself to be safe, but failed; my left hand landed in an uneven surface and my 68 kg landed on it.

"Kduk"
was the sound I heard; there was a slight pain; I was forced to face the sky, showing my back to the earth; I could not move my hand; I immediately knew that I fractured my bone and the match scheduled in 3 days ;-(.

Watch out for the posts on the "after fracture" experience ;-).

19 comments:

Arunprasath said...

kai odanchathae evanum ivallvu allagae sollamataend da....

Over build upda... Anyways good write :)

Raju Subramaniam said...

..........I got a call from my aunt (who was aggressively searching a girl for me after I gave a go ahead for the marriage), after 2 minutes the practice resumed. Everything was going smooth, everyone were involved, everyone were focusing on the practice, everyone were enjoying..............

...., Sujai missed it; ...... my left hand landed in an uneven surface and my 68 kg landed on it.


Dear Sir,
As Sujai may be feeling guilty for the bad miss(but lucky one for you) and the whole world would abuse him for his behavior, I kindly request you post the un-censored and un-edited version of this historical event.
Thank You,
Yours obediently,
Suaji's Nalamvirumbi ;).

Karikalan said...

It was all coz of Sujai, It was all coz of Sujai... ;-)

Arunprasath said...

I will also talk for Sujai :)...

I need uncensored version :P

Don't blame Mr Sujai :P for your historical event sir as said by Sujai's Nalamvirumbi.

Karikalan said...

Ada paavigala, unmaiya sonna nambave maatteeengale.

Bharathi said...

Again a splendid writing ..Hope you are recovering to smash the next match :)

Karikalan said...

Oyyy Chakku, where are you commenting from? thought you are on a vacation? practicing secretly in rainy Nagerkoil for the cricket match ;-).

Unknown said...

hi anna,
good narration...everythign started fine only...but alas!!!ending is a tragedy :-(

get well soon and rock :-)

Karikalan said...

aaha! atlast my sister managed to post a comment. I was afraid that it won't happen for a year atleast.

Ending is a tragedy? ;-) no way ;-).

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks Arun and Raju...

Now its my turn to open the secret to the world. What happened really?

Do you think that am the cause? or the Boopi and Gopi who was not in the ground? Or the uneven surface of the ground?

None of the above...........

After the phone call Kari decided to push the marriage plan, he used the mis-fielding as a reason.... ;-(

He jumped from the mound wanted and broke his arm.

Unfortunately everyone in the cricket team became a victim of his plan.....

Anyhow Kari's plan worked out for two months very strongly.......

If you don't believe it, please look at his earlier post (Don't you dare)

Suresh said...

//The opponents were very skilled and threatened us with their class performance in the friendly warm up game played a week ago.//

Boss Ithu Konjam sorry illa rombave overu..

Adutha match yeppa boss.. Practice start paneerlaam. :)

Karikalan said...

aaha, Suresh, many were asking for who were the reason and what was the reason... the uncensored version of the story...

None of them knew, you were the one behind this plot ;-).

P Sivaraj said...

When all these happened ? I can’t remember ? :)

Karikalan said...

Siva, is a such a nice guy, as we all know. I am also trying to forget this as you are boss ;-), but you always beat me ;-).

Suresh said...

Manasaachiku kattupattu unmaiya sollunga.. Naangale oru dummy piece. ithuku neenga ivlo periya build up paneerkave vendam..

Raju told me the real reason behind the scenes for the fracture drama. Hope raju will support me.

" The Fractured Match - To stop the marriage match "

On Friendly session we lose the game actaully.

// None of them knew, you were the one behind this plot ;-). //

Side la kooda naan reason illa..

Raju Subramaniam said...

Whatever happened, it happened well.
Whatever is happening, it is happening well.
Whatever will happen, it will also happen well.
What of yours did you lose?
Why or for what are you crying?
What did you bring with you, for you to lose it?
What did you create, for it to be wasted or destroyed?
Whatever you took, it was taken from here.
Whatever you gave, it was given from here.
Whatever is yours today, will belong to someone else tomorrow.
On another day, it will belong to yet another.
This change is the law of the universe.
-----------------------------------
So yaarum adichikkama, mersalagama, be polite.
Be Good Say Good(along with some degree of truthness) and Do Good

Karikalan said...

Raju naina, ithellam sappa matter nu prove panni, kanna thoranthutta naina ;-).

Avi said...

whoops seems tht i missed this part...
hope u recoverd this to fight grtr battles in life (;))